Okay, everybody, I did it! I have a book! (An e-book, to be precise!) (And to be more precise, my girlfriend and I have a book!) It’s called The Emperor’s Mirror, and it’s a YA novel about magic! Mystery! Monks! Other things that don’t start with ‘m’, up to and including dragons! I would like to take a moment to shamelessly plug it and say if you enjoy reading my fanfiction, please go take a look! It’s the first in a series which is intended to be 5 books, the rest of which should be coming out in no time (metaphorically speaking) and the e-book is $4.99.
Here’s the back of the book (so to speak):
A valuable artifact has been stolen from an isolated monastery, and Tallis will have trouble finding it when the temple elder won’t tell him what it is.
The monks have good reason to be secretive, given the centuries of religious persecution after the fall of the Emperor who represented their gods. That’s to say nothing of the cult leader enchanting disciples in the next town over, or of the boy they keep hidden underground while they prepare him to be the new Emperor. Tallis, an orphan himself, feels an instant connection with Brannon, the young boy who can channel the power of the gods but is deeply resentful of the monks who have imprisoned him to keep him safe. Tallis soon finds himself struggling to unravel not only a theft, but the murder of the last Emperor, which fractured the world a thousand years before.
You can read the complete first chapter for free here if you’re so inclined, or if you don’t feel the need and you want to buy it sight-unseen, you can do so right here! (It should be available from Amazon/iBooks/etc shortly, but you can buy it direct from Lulu right now.)
Even if you can’t afford it/can’t buy things on the internet/don’t have an e-reader (this file works with most basic e-reader extensions for chrome and firefox)/et cetera, even just reblogging the post (
and talking about how cool my stuff is) would be awesome. *blows kisses* Thanks for reading!
- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINO GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE
William Shakespeare, Victor Hugo, Oscar Wilde, Aphra Behn and Nella Larson didn’t all code homosexuality in their writings at the risk of imprisonment, career loss, isolation, and even death so you could shame people for their queer headcanons and they certainly didn’t do it so that show-runners in the 21st century could use being queer as a punchline or as unfufilled bait for fans starving for validation and representation
You are beautiful, and you are so strong. You’ve got it all in front of you. Don’t ever look back at who’s hurt you, what they did or what they’ve said because you’ve got your entire life to leave them in the dust. You are everything. You are worth everything, every argument, every smile, every night beneath the moon and every minute curled up in bed on a Sunday morning. Be who you are, be strong, compassionate, loving, determined, but more than anything- be you.